Attendees checked in so far: 526
The fifth and final day of RIPE 71 began in the usual post-RIPE-Dinner fashion (tired but happy) as the meeting began to wind down.
The morning’s highlights include:
- Updates from the four other RIRs, including a long-distance update from AFRINIC via Skype
- An update on the NRO, delivered by Axel Pawlik, followed by statistics from Ingrid Wijte.
The RIPE Programme Committee election results were:
- Jelte Jansen
- Mike Hughes
Geoff Huston, APNIC, gave a typically entertaining presentation on mobility in today’s Internet. It featured a prediction that there would be perhaps five laptops in the RIPE Plenary room by 2020.
There were two lightning talks.
- A measurement of SMTP over TLS Ondřej Caletka, CESNET
- Forced Firmware Lockdown Christian Scheele, embeDD
Razvan Oprea from the RIPE NCC gave the technical update. In a show of hands, almost all attendees said they had steady WiFi and could work without problems all week.
RIPE Chair Hans Petter Holen made the final announcements.
- 526 Checked in attendees
- 147 newcomers
- 52 countries
NRO NC election:
- Nurani Nimpuno was appointed to the NRO NC
The following announcements were made regarding the DNS Working Group:
- Peter Koch is stepping down as DNS WG Chair
- Dave Knight has been selected as DNS WG Chair